Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Allergies and Randomness

My allergies have been wreaking havoc with me today.  First off, the wind is blowing and stirring up all kinds of things, and the lawn needed mowing, so out I went to do that, too.  As soon as I was done with the lawn, into the shower I went to wash off all that grass and pollen and whatever.  I was so itchy and my eyes were itching and my nose was running.  This is life with allergies.  Part of me wants some really good drugs to get rid of all my symptoms, another part of me is not a big fan of drugs and trying to find which ones will work and what are the side affects going to be.  I’ve heard if you eat local honey just about every day then after about a year your system will have built up an immunity to those allergens in your area.  Now, that is a pretty sweet treatment, if I can find local honey and remember to take it.

So, I have a funny Michael story.  Taylor was quizzing her dad the other night and one of the answers was George Washington Carver.  Well, then Taylor had to tell her dad that one time he made a whole meal out of peanuts.  Robert asked her what he had to drink?  Without missing a beat Michael pipes up “Whiskey!”  Where he came up with that I have no idea, but it was pretty funny. 

Rachel falls asleep in some of the strangest places.  Often times I have a P6180514hard time getting her to take a nap after lunch, but will find her passed out right before dinner, which means she doesn’t want to go to bed when it is time.  One day she fell asleep and Lindsey just had to put her now doll blanket that she had just finished, on Rachel.  Didn’t Lindsey do a good job?  I was trying to find a picture of the one Taylor made, but I am not sure I’ve taken one.  So, any ideas on how to get a stubborn 2 year old to take naps at the right time?  Some days I can sit and read her a story and she will fall asleep for me, but that doesn’t always work, Oh well.

Sometimes I have a hard time getting my kids to do their chores.  When I go looking for them, this is often what I find:

P6150498P6160507P6190520 What good kids I have!  I love that they love books and love learning.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Today when we were passing through Shoshone there was some local honey for sale just so you know, I don't know if it will still be there tomorrow or anything but I just thought I would let you know.

Also another thing that has helped all of my family's allergies is essiential oils. We get ours from DoTERRA.

DeeAnna said...

I've heard about using essential oils for allergies, too, a lady in our ward sells them.

Seth has EXACTLY the same sleeping habits as Rachel right now, we try to wake him up as soon as we find him, but even if he only gets five minutes he's up until 10:00 or later. Crazy two year olds!