A couple of weeks ago the kids asked me if we were going to the 24th of July parade in Carey, since “it’s what we do every year”. (They went for the first time last year). I thought it sounded like a great idea, but there was no way I could take them and still make it to Bountiful Baskets in time. In comes family to the rescue! My mom said she would take them for me. So, Friday night we went to Carey to help celebrate my nephew’s birthday. Then we went to the movies in Shoshone, Cars2, then the kids all went home with my parents. Lindsey, Michael, and Rachel went to my brothers’ house to sleep on the trampoline and Taylor went to my parents’ house and slept in a tent with Aunt Nemo. It appears that Taylor slept the best. They had an air mattress and lots of blankets in the tent. Those that slept on the trampoline all wimped out eventually, with my brother being the first and Michael being the last.
We’ve been spending a lot of time outside working on the yard. This spring was really cool and wet, which was great news for weeds. Well, many of those weeds decided to grow in between our pavers by our deck. I had to get out some pruners to cut them down. I will eventually need to spray roundup on them, but for now. Here is a couple of before pictures.
The girls were really sad that I was cutting down all of their sunflowers, but they had to go. It is so nice now to be able to use the steps to get off the deck and not walk through that forest. It is taking babysteps, but we are getting there. I will have a nice lawn and yard. I am really excited because the flowers that I planted in the front are finally getting some blossoms on them. I have a bunch of pansies that I started from seed and a couple of calundula that were given to me. I didn’t even know what calundula were before being given these, but they are kinda pretty.
In other news, we are just getting ready for Taylor’s baptism. Taylor had her interview with the bishop and he reviewed the program and we got a go ahead with both of those. It seems crazy to me how fast these past 8 years have gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment