Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It’s Great to be 8!

TaylorI have an 8 year old.  I can hardly believe that my little girl is already 8.  The years have flown by.  

IMG_1476Taylor amazes me with all that she picks up.  You can see her little brain reasoning things out even when she was little.  One time as we were eating Thanksgiving dinner, her uncle tried to tell her that turkey’s had metal in them, pointing to the one on the table.  She told him no, they only had bones, they must put the metal on them after they were dead.  She was about 4 at the time.

IMG_1481 In case you didn’t know this about her, Taylor loves to read!  She reads just about everything she can get her hands on.  When you ask her to clean a room, you need to wonder how many books are in there, and will she get distracted by one on the floor before getting the room picked up.  I remember being the same way, so I’m not really surprised.

IMG_1661Besides just reading for fun, though, Taylor has a great love of learning.  She often picks books about different places.  For her birthday she got a large world map and a nice, spiral bound U.S. Atlas.  She also likes to go outside and learn about her world, the trees, flowers and insects. 

S7300022Taylor is very active when she isn’t reading.  Some of her favorite things to do are to kick around her soccer ball and jump rope.  We have been reading “The Secret Garden” and now her goal is to skip to 100.  She also loves riding her bike up and down the driveway.  She loved going to swimming lessons this year and likes to practice as often as she can talk me into taking her to a pool.

IMG_2169Cooking is another of Taylor’s favorite things to do.  One of her favorite dishes is homemade Macaroni and Cheese.  Whenever I am cooking she asks if she can help.  I have to keep reminding myself that she is getting bigger and can do more difficult things in the kitchen.  Sometimes its nice, but often I forget how much she is growing up.  She is very good at measuring and following directions.

S7300436At church last week they asked Taylor what her least favorite thing to do was.  She thought about her chores, but decided that even worse than that was getting up early.  This girl does not like to wake up early, but it wouldn’t seem so early if she would go to sleep when we send her to bed.

P6041010Taylor is super sweet and will often try and be a peace maker if two people are fighting.  She is very outgoing and makes friends easily.  Her wonderful spirit has blessed our home so much these past years.  I am so glad she came to our family.

July 2011 006 Now we are getting ready for Taylor’s baptism.  She will be baptized on August 6th at the Richfield LDS Church for anyone who wants to come.  We are so proud of her and I am not really sure where the last 8 years went, but in only 8 more, she can date!

1 comment:

Katrina Wilson said...

Man she is a gorgeous child!! It has been so much fun to see her grow into the beautiful girl she is!! I LOVE THAT GIRL and I am so happy she is choosing to be baptized!!