I know you’ve heard the expression “it’s like pulling teeth to…” well, I had some literal experience with that. I had a tooth that was just aching. I told the dentist to pull it. It was decayed so badly anyway that really the last thing he could do would probably have been a root canal, and I don’t love my tooth that much. So, he pulled it. It appears that this tooth had 3 roots. I guess most teeth only have 2. We were lucky that it all stayed in one piece, though. Then, I spent the rest of the week recuperating. It wasn’t so bad to actually have them pull the tooth, but the injection sites where they gave me the stuff to numb my mouth ended up getting really sore and swollen. Even a week later I’m still having some issues. The roof of my mouth feels raw, kina like when a blister pops and it’s raw underneath, sorta. Then, my cheek is swollen, too. I’m doing a lot better now, but for quite a few days I was pretty out of it and didn’t get much done.
I’m really glad we got some routines organized and jobs assigned. That is the only thing that kept the house from falling apart. Even then, though, it wasn’t great. With mom not feeling good, the kids were a little more lax in their cleaning. Plus, it seemed like we had a lot going on. On Tuesday, we had lunch at the park with friends. The kids found a butterfly and I have pictures of the big girls holding it, but I can’t find my camera to show you.
Thursday a neighbor came and weed wacked a whole bunch of our really tall weeds. I was so thankful to him for doing that. I feel better not having to drag the hose through them, and the kids can finally get to their swing set. We also found a soccer ball that had been hidden in the weeds.
Friday we spent the day in Twin. My oldest nephew was going through the temple for the first time. He is going on a mission in August, we are so excited! His other grandparents were able to make it up also. It was wonderful to be around family. Have I mentioned that I love family? I do. The kids loved playing with their cousins. The girls are trying to get a lot of play time in because their cousins in Twin are hoping to move in 2 weeks to Utah. We are happy for them, but sad they are moving.
Saturday was a really busy day. Robert got up and gathered up the chickens in a box, then took them down to a neighbor’s house where he and another neighbor were joining up to help each other butcher chickens. I did come along and help a little bit. Mostly, I just brought the chickens from the truck and gave them to Robert. I needed to leave early to go do Bountiful Baskets so I wasn’t dressed to get wet and dirty. I did watch and learn a lot so that I can help out next year (I guess I should, but I don’t really want to). Have I ever mentioned that I’m a city girl? I am glad to have the chickens all in the freezer now, though. We do still have 6 laying hens that we are raising, but 6 is a whole lot easier for me than 26. Plus, the personalities are different, and I prefer the laying hens.
After I got home from Bountiful Baskets we began packing for our camping trip. Then, we took a short fishing trip. We just went and dropped our lines off a bridge for about 15 minutes. My allergies were really acting up and we still needed to finish up some things for our trip, so we came back home and put the kids to bed. We were up way too late.
Sunday we got up, went to church, came home, ate, finished packing and left for Utah. What a fun weekend it was!
No comments:
Post a Comment