Monday, August 11, 2008

Morning Sickness Musings

Okay, so I haven't been neglecting my blog on purpose, I just haven't felt really great lately. I thought I might be off the hook with this morning sickness thing since I didn't feel sick right away (like I have in the past), but no, it was just waiting a few weeks to hit. Some days I'm good, some days not so much. Take for instance last week, Wednesday and Thursday I hardly kept anything down, but Friday I was fine, go figure. The ones who are suffering the most are the kids, I think. I can hardly stand to look at food, so feeding them is a real chore for me. I have come to rely on fast and easy more than good for them. Also, mom doesn't do much with them anymore, mostly just lays around trying not to be sick. And I've been trying everything not to be sick.

I have gingersnaps by the bed, snack throughout the day, ginger ale in the fridge, mint gum in my purse, and unisom and b6 before bed. That one seems to be helping the most. Does anyone else have some great idea breakthroughs?

I have hope that in a few more weeks this will go away. It has before so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Just don't ask me to guess what I'm having, I'm always wrong so I'm not even going to try.

4 comments:

Gallup Family said...

I completely understand what you're going through! My big breakthrough was sour candy. I can't think of the name brand but they are sold next to the checkstands and they come in round purple or green containers. I lived off of those things for a couple of months and they really did the trick. Congratulations and Good luck!

Countrylivn' said...

So I guess you are making a baby announcement!?!?! Maybe I am just out of touch with life around here... Congrats anyway!! I hope you get feeling better soon, not fun at ALL....

*ehu. said...

Wait, what? You're prego?! Congrats! When are you due? Does this make #4? I can't remember.

GatesGang said...

Wow congrats on the new addition coming. I so understand about being sick I was like that for 8 1/2 months with Natalia. I felt i was neglecting kids also but i look back now and what a blessing they love natalia and no jealousy and vanessa learned to open cans and cook for her and sis because i would get sick with food also. she also learned to do laundry that was a huge blessing. I cant tell you any clue what to keep things down with i still hate eggs and its been a month since i had her. i went to an awesome doc in jerome and love him tons. good luck with the new experience. we are done with ours.