Monday, October 27, 2008

Family Night Fun





For family night we carved our pumpkins. It was so much fun. Last year there was no way that Taylor was going to put her hand in the pumpkin goo, she would only use a spoon. This year she just dug right in. She even drew the face on and cut it out by herself! She is getting so big. Lindsey drew her face on and Robert helped her gut and cut. Michael only wanted to watch. I got nominated to try and cut a castle on my pumpkin. It didn't turn out quite how I wanted it to, but it was a great learning experience for me. Taylor asked me if we got to make pumpkin seeds. I think I'll leave the making pumpkin seeds up to the Lord, but we are going to roast the seeds from the pumpkins we carved. I love roasted pumpkin seeds and the kids think they make a nice snack, too. Robert isn't too fond of them, but that just means more for us.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

How fun-that's what we did for family night too-I just haven't posted yet. Your pumpkins are creative!

Idaho Sutters said...

Super fun! I think that pumpkin carving for the FHE before Halloween must be a universal tradition, I'm see jack-o-lanterns all over the blog waves. : )