Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Robert






Yesterday was Robert's birthday. When Taylor got home the girls made him cards and the "wrapped" their presents. For Taylor that meant putting it in a gift bag, and Lindsey found some tissue paper and folded it around her gift, all by herself. Every year one of the girls will get their daddy a disney movie for his birthday. A couple of years ago it was "The Little Mermaid", last year it was "The Jungle Book" and this year Lindsey gave him "Sleeping Beauty" Of course these are all Roberts favorite movies. Taylor really wanted to get her dad a horse, but since we don't have a place to put a horse during the winter she gave him a toy horse instead. Of course right after unwrapping it Michael and Lindsey promptly began playing with it. Michael calls it a cow and we are trying to convince him it's a horse not a cow. He also got socks and a wireless weather station, but those aren't as interesting and the girls gifts. For dessert he wanted a cheesecake so that is what he got. The kids even helped me make that.

Robert is such an amazing husband and dad. I've seen him do things for his kids that I never would have imagined, like making up songs to sing to them at bedtime when I can hardly get him to sing in church. He puts the girls to bed almost every night and that is his special time with them. They have their routine that I can't quite get, so if I end up putting them to bed I usually do things wrong. He is one of the most patient and loving people I know and I am so grateful to have him in our lives. We love you hunny!

3 comments:

Idaho Sutters said...

Happy Birthday Robert! He is a good guy. I enjoy serving with him in Young Women/Men.

GatesGang said...

awww happy birthday to him. kids making their gifts and picking them out etc... is so much fun and so funny sometimes i love it. glad he had a good bday

Kerry said...

Hey girl-I'm glad you found my blog--I love blogging it keeps everybody posted on your life!