Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Buildings

We now have outbuildings! Yesterday Robert took the day off and he and his dad went and got some silos that a neighbor said he wanted to get rid of. They brought them back and set one up for use, and the other Robert plans to take apart and do something creative with. I'm not exactly sure of his plans, so I can't tell you what they are. I'm just excited that we now have somewhere to store our wheelbarrow, rakes, and shovels.
While Robert was doing that, I took the kids to my parents house and we picked tomatoes and plums. Unfortunately I forgot the camera, but we had fun. My mom has a tomato jungle in her garden and Lindsey and I especially had fun lifting up the plants to get the tomatoes underneath. We mostly picked cherry tomatoes, which the kids love because they can eat them like candy, and mom mostly doesn't care. Their digestive systems are getting used to them, so we haven't had too many problems with that yet. And I love them too. I think I've eaten more than just about anyone else in the family, but I'm eating for two, right?

2 comments:

GatesGang said...

haha wow sounds fun to have places to put things i sure know how great that is. we have been cleaning out papa's stuff out of everything and that is taking forever. so your mom said you guys were there and how much fun you have been having with lindsay and your tums and the mud haha i just laugh its good for you hahaha

Idaho Sutters said...

I love tomatoes too! I've had tomato sandwiches all week and I'm not even sick of them yet.