We are now the proud parents of baby chicks. We are going to try our hand at raising some chickens for food. I went and got them today with the help of my wonderful father-in-law and I can hear them cheeping away. Currently they are in my laundry room until they get big enough and it gets warm enough to put them outside. Hopefully we can keep them alive in here between the dog and the children and my own mistakes. A whole bunch of chicks got soaked in their water dish and I didn't have the room quite warm enough so I put a heater in there and they seem to be warming up, but one chick somehow got stuck between the dish and the edge of the box. I've moved the water and I hope the chick makes it, but it doesn't look good. This should be an interesting learning experience for our family. I'd post pictures of the cute little balls of fluff, but my camera is gone, I can't get it to work at all.
On another note, there are eggs in the nest again.
1 comment:
I'm still trying to talk my parents into it!!!
Post a Comment