Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Picking Asparagus




Yesterday Robert had to work a little later, so the kids and I went out as a family and picked asparagus. We all had so much fun. Michael only picked the very tops of the plants, but that's okay. We only got the stuff that is right around our house. There is another patch in the next field, but I didn't want the kids crossing the ditch to get over there since I was carrying Rachel and it is harder to help them when I have her. We will have to get over there soon, though. This warm weather we've had is causing the asparagus to grow quickly and I know it needs picked.

5 comments:

Gillett Family said...

MmMMMm!!! I want some! I love Asparagus....One thing I miss about home!

Rose said...

Oh my wow!!! If I only had asparagus in my yard to pick!!!!! You lucky lucky girl you! 'Tis my very favorite food EVER :D

Kerry said...

I didn't know asparagus just grew wild around--did it, or did you plant it? Crazy--I'm the only one in my family that likes it!

jarah_angell said...

Yes I love my sling too! Im so loving this warm weather!

Bateman said...

Asparagus is so good! Lucky to have it right by your house! Your kids are adorable and they are getting so big!