Sunday was an exciting day for our family. Robert blessed Rachel on Sunday. It was really neat, we had all of Roberts family and most of mine. My brother, Caleb, and his family were unable to make it. It seems that the commute from Texas would have taken a little too long. After church we had a lunch at our house. It was so fun to visit with family. I'm so glad that most of them live fairly close (nudge to Caleb, move closer as soon as you can, we miss you). I'd post pictures of Rachel, but once again, my camera is kaput.
We also got a surprise on Sunday. Robert was called to be the Elder's Quorum President. So I guess our lives will be changing a little bit. This means that I will have to get the kids ready for church mostly by myself and Robert will have a few more meetings to go to. I'm excited for Robert to have this opportunity. He has such a helping attitude and I know that he will do great.
3 comments:
A surprise--didn't you know in advance? I'm glad you have such a wonderful outlook on the challenges of life-I wouldn't be so excited to have my husband gone-and to have to get ALL the kids ready on my own-especially if church is at 9am. At least you'll probably always have a bench-he can save you one!
So I realize I didn't get you a baby gift-but you can come to my shower empty handed and still hang out if you want-I hear Katrina has it off! It be so awesome to see you!
Congrats on the baby blessing they are such a wonderful experience. Also congrats to Robert. That is a great calling and yes he will be very busy but for good and bad sometimes but you'll be very blessed from the calling. it will be a fun calling also. good luck
Awesome that you got to bless your little girl. Isn't the preisthood amazing! Robert will do a great job. Good luck with getting all the kids ready for church! I can't do it with only 2 kids. Can't wait to see pics of Rachel.
Post a Comment