Friday, May 15, 2009
Our Busy-ness
We've had a lot going on lately. Where to start? Saturday I got an early Mother's Day present, a new camera! Now I can take pictures again. I just need to figure out all the cool functions and stuff. Mother's Day was nice, the kids sang to me in church and I got pansies. I love pansies. Monday at school Taylor got to celebrate her un-birthday and so we brought in cupcakes for her to pass out. On Tuesday she had her class program. It was really cute, but I forgot the new camera I just got. She was in a little play and her favorite line of the whole thing was "Cross my heart, I'm not a cookie snatcher". We heard that a lot around our house. She also got to show off a talent and she wanted to read an abridged version I have of The Secret Garden. She got about half-way through and it was taking a lot of time, so she came home and read the rest of it. That girl loves to read and she reads everything. Thursday Rachel had a check-up. She is 9 lbs. 3 oz. which is still on the small size, but she is bright and alert and just cute as a button. She got some shots and she didn't like that. I felt so bad for the poor kid. After our stuff was done in Twin, we took Taylor to Wal-mart. She had a gift card burning a hole in her pocket. She got the card for being a super good bus rider. So, she got a new swimsuit with Tinkerbell on it and a new shirt. Today is Taylor's last day of school. Next week she can go back for Field Day, but her Kindergarten days are all over after today. I'm excited to sleep in as much as they will let me. I am glad that we won't have to worry about getting up early for the bus or if Taylor put her book back in her backpack. I won't have to try and time my trips around school hours, I can just go about my busy way and enjoy this crazy, chaotic life that I live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Taylor sounds a lot like Sarah. Sarah's teacher actually had to start borrowing books from other teachers because Sarah was reading so far in advance. Good for them both! She's gonna kick butt in AR points...if your school does that.
Wow, you have been busy. I hate getting shots for kids. They are the worst. The poor babies just scream and cry. :'(
hey, its good to hear what youve been up too! Rachel is little, Halley was 10 lbs and 1oz on wednesday, shes so chubby! I hate the shots too, I make Kalab do them!
You are so funny-I can't wait to ship Brandon off to preschool 3 days a week this fall..
Cute as a button-I finally get to use that phrase and maybe have some buttons in my scrapbook!
Glad you're doing well-I wish my kids would want to get clothing with money of theirs or a giftcard, they go straight for the toys!
Hey, I love the new picture you have at the top of your blog, so cute!
Post a Comment