Sunday, May 2, 2010

Being Blown Away

Welcome to Idaho where the wind only takes short breaks. We had a little teaser of nice weather and the kids got all excited that they could play outside and since then we have had more days of rain and strong wind than anything else. The kids are really starting to get cabin fever. Lindsey tried going out one day and even with a jacket, poncho, and coat on, she was still cold. And since she can't go outside she finds lots of things to do inside, like paint faces on her Daddy's closet door with nail polish. When she gets cold she takes a bath, and once she kept running the water and we ended up with about an inch of standing water on the bathroom floor. Needless to say, that was a hard week for this mom. I am making more of an effort to do activities with her, but I have yet to find a way to engage her in much housework, so it's just not getting done as well as I would like. We are however reading a lot of books and doing quite a few puzzles.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I agree-the kids were outside almost all day for a few days and now it's cold, rainy, windy and sometimes hailing it's horrible! It's like I don't know what to do with them all day anymore-because they were entertaining themselves for a while-I get irritated faster..but we're pushing through it-and excited for warm weather to come.

Dena said...

I definitely do not miss the wind in Idaho. It always makes things so much harder when the kids are stuck inside driving each other and you crazy.