Mother's day this year was really nice. Robert and Lindsey made me breakfast in bed. I had a tomato, mushroom and cheese omelet, some fried ham, hashbrowns and fresh fruit. So yummy! Then, Lindsey and Michael have had a nasty cough so I stayed home with them and Rachel while Robert and Taylor went to church. We cuddled and read books. I love having my children cuddle on my lap, although I realized that pretty soon they are going to need to cuddle next to me instead of on me because they are growing up. And for dinner, Robert grilled steak and corn on the cob. Add to that some baked stuffed mushrooms and Parmesan red potatoes, and we had a really yummy dinner. Taylor made me a little planter at school and one at church. Lindsey drew me a cute card and Michael gave me the greatest hugs.
I love being mom to these wonderful kids. They make me smile and teach me all kinds of things. I feel so blessed to have these special little people in my life. Now if only I could figure out how to teach them all the things I think they should know without teaching them some of the things I don't want them to learn, like throwing temper tantrums (I'd never do that, would I?)
1 comment:
Your dinner sounds incredible! I love a day honoring us!
My day was awesome too-I got to sleep in and got an gourmet breakfast too, it's just so wonderful!
Post a Comment