Friday, May 14, 2010

Part Fish?

I have a child who loves water. Love is so much in fact that my bathroom has been flooded 3 times in the last month. The first time it was an extra long bath that overflowed, a lot. The second time I had made the bathtub unavailable so the sink was used, which also soaked the toilet paper and everything in the drawers on the bathroom vanity. The third time was a shower that filled up the bathtub and over ran while they were trying to get more hot water after they had used it all. So, what do I do? Obviously my children need to bathe. I'm wondering if I need a timer and watch them constantly until they are done? I had hoped that eventually my children would be able to bathe themselves, but maybe they aren't ready yet? UGH! Any suggestions? My bathroom floor really can't take another dousing.

4 comments:

Rose :) said...

I know what you mean...and your older girls are totally old enough. What I would do is run to baby's r us (if you've got one) or maybe wal-mart and look for the baby proofers that cover the knobs in the tub so they can't turn the water on. they make some pretty cute ones and i think some plain ones if you don't want the bathroom to look totally kid-a-fied. As for the sink.....I dunno....you stumped be there lol

Dena said...

Wow, I have absolutely no suggestions for you. Fortunately for me, my girls haven't reached the stage where they are bathing themselves! Best of luck to you though!

Idaho Sutters said...

Yeah, good luck with that one! Learning to bathe is such an exciting time!

Jenn said...

Once it warms up, maybe they could just bathe with the hose and a washtub. Then you won't have to worry about flooding the bathroom and the grass will get watered at the same time. ;) Good luck.