Friday, May 28, 2010

Bring on Summer

Yeah! School is over! This past week has been really crazy for us. Our school does pre-kindergarten for next years Kindergartners. It was Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 8:30 to about 11. On Monday they had a short meeting for the parents and Michael just stayed with Lindsey in the classroom while I went to that. Taylor's class was having a fun day, we we just ended up hanging out at the school all day.

On Tuesday Michael wanted to ride the bus with Lindsey and Taylor and then go to school with Lindsey again. He was very upset when I told him that he couldn't. Once the girls were gone, though, he was my buddy and big helper. We picked Lindsey up, had lunch with Taylor and then came home. It was about the most normal day of the week.

On Wednesday, Taylor was celebrating her un-birthday since her real birthday is in the summer. Michael and I made flag cupcakes while Lindsey was in school and then when we went to pick her up and have lunch at school, we brought the cupcakes and spent the rest of the day with Taylor. They were having art day in the first grade and the teacher was nice enough to let Lindsey and Michael participate also. They had a blast.

Thursday was the really long day. It was field day and I volunteered to help out at one of the stations. Michael and Lindsey went with Taylor and I kept Rachel. I had brought my camera and I gave it to the teacher so she could take some pictures, but I had forgotten to check the battery before packing it, and it was dead, so I didn't get any pictures this year :( Rachel did pretty good, but about lunch time she looked at me and gave me the sign language for "food" which meant she was hungry. Luckily it was almost lunch time. We all had sack lunches out on the playground. Then, we watched a short movie before going to play on the big, inflatable bouncy slide that was set up in the gym. The girls all loved it! Michael, however, wanted to play with the balls and run around the gym. This went mainly okay, except when he got up on the stage and turned off all the lights. He got taken away from the light switches, and I guess that hurt his feelings because then he moped by me the rest of the time. I guess since I was sitting there quietly with Michael, Rachel got bored and finally fell asleep. She was super tired and her naps had been messed up all week long. I was glad to see her sleep, even if it wasn't for very long.

So now school is done for the summer! We are going to work outside as much as we can. I have garden boxes to fill and then plant. I have flower beds to create and fill with flowers. The lawn will need mowed (I'm so happy to have a lawn to mow this year!) And of course, we can't forget about running around and playing in the sunshine. I am so glad that all of my children love being outside and that Rachel is old enough to play outside without me worrying too much about her crawling on the grass or crying if I'm not holding her or whatever. Now if only we could get some warmer weather so that I don't have to worry about my kids catching a chill if they go and play outside.

No comments: