Just so you all know, I had a MUCH better day today. The weather was nice, I got to get out of the house and spend time with friends, and I didn't even have to cook or clean up dinner!
This morning I made almond poppy seed muffins. I accidentally put too much almond flavoring in, so I ended up doubling the batch which was great! I could take some to scouts and my kids would still have plenty to snack on. Since I substituted some of the flour for whole wheat I could even feel a little better about them.
Then, we went to story time. In case you didn't know, I love going to story time. I almost think I would go even if I didn't have kids that age, maybe they would let me read the stories? It was good to be able to visit with some of the other moms and to let the kids play. I love that one of my kids favorite places to go is the library and one of the things they love most to do is either read books, or have mommy read to them. Plus, I have made some really good friends going to story time.
The weather was so nice today that after lunch, Michael helped me plant some radishes and beets. So far we have the peas, beets, and 2 varieties of radishes planted. Next up, cabbage and lettuce! I also took advantage of the nice weather to hang a load of laundry on the clothesline to dry. I love the way they end up smelling like sunshine.
After school I went to scouts. We made paper bag kites. You know, I have the most amazing assistant. I may be the one that has to come up with what we are going to be doing each week, but she is the one that I end up calling half the time asking if she has this or that to make it work. She has always done everything I've ever asked her to do, often times last minute. I don't know what I'd do without her.
When scouts was out we stayed to clean the church. The members of our congregation all take turns emptying the trashes and vacuuming and mopping the floors and such. We could pick any day this week, and it just so happened that that after scouts worked well. My mother-in-law and father-in-law were also scheduled to clean with us and so they came over as well. We got almost all of it done, leaving just a little bit for the third family that also helps this week. I will probably help her out with that after we get done exercising tomorrow.
Following scouts we went to the school where the 6th grade class was having a Cinco de Mayo dinner fundraiser for their Yellowstone trip. They were serving some super yummy tacos and horchata. YUMMY! I love Mexican food, did you know that? I also love that I didn't have to cook or clean up tonight!
So, lessons learned, a good night's sleep can cure a lot of things and God will help answer prayers and lift and support you when you need the help and call on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment