Most of last week was just the same old thing, different day. Some of us were sick, some were not. I had to cancel a dentist appointment because I ended up with a really yucky cold. It just meant I had to push back the time until I get my cavities filled, not that they don't need it anymore.
We went to Story Time on Thursday. It was pajama day so Michael, who had been playing outside, had to go in and change back into his pajamas to go. Friday we had scouts and the older girls joined me as I went and supervised and helped my scouts make birdhouses. These weren't just ordinary, cutesie bird houses, they were actual house built to specifications for a real type of bird. The bird is called a Kestral, (I think) and they are native to the area. They are a bird of prey and like to eat mice, voles, other small birds, frogs, and insects. I'd love to encourage anything that will eat more of these mice and voles around here.
Saturday we discovered that the chickens had gotten out of their coop and Diego had killed 2 of them. He was looking for something to chase and the chickens were a lot of fun, I guess. It would seem once they stopped moving, though, he went to the next one. In a way, I'm glad he wasn't eating them, but I was so mad! He got a lot of feathers off of a couple other birds, but they seem okay. They aren't laying that well right now due to the shock, but I'm sure give them a few more days and they will be fine. Now instead of just adding a few more birds to our flock we will be replacing some as well. Oh well. I know I need to exercise Diego more. He really is a good dog, but I just am not sure how I'm going to do that.
Sunday was the highlight of my week. Nothing special happened, just going to church. I love going to church. I love the peace of learning about Jesus and hearing others bear testimony. I love that my spirit is renewed and I feel like I can make it another week. Church was just what I needed this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment