So, the rest of this week has been nice. We had some cloudy/rainy weather so I didn't get any more planting done outside, but on the other hand, I haven't had to water, either. One thing I should do soon is to mow the lawn, but I have no lawn mower. We borrowed my in-laws last year, but it's still put away in their shed for the winter. That's okay, as long as it's there, I don't have to work, right?
Robert got home on Saturday. It was so great to have him home after 12 days. A few nice things about this job, he gets lots of overtime and that is good. He also gets to see a lot of the country that he wouldn't have if he'd had a different job. Maybe this summer we can follow him to a few places and the kids and I can have a kind of "field trip" while he is working. I think that could be a lot of fun.
Now that we have no chickens, I didn't have to worry about feeding them or collecting the eggs. We still haven't caught what got into the coop, but we are working on that. With Robert home the next couple of days he is going to make the coop more secure so that we can again get some more chickens. I didn't realize how much I would miss having them and how much a part of our daily life they were. I'm glad we are getting some more.
Mother's Day was really nice. Lindsey made me a necklace at school, so I wore it to church today. Some of my friends who also have children in Kindergarten were sporting some similar jewelry. Robert and the kids brought me breakfast in bed and after church I got to take a nap. It was a pretty laid back day, and it was wonderful. It was just so nice to have my family all together today.
This past week I went to the dentist. I had to have 3 cavities taken care of on the right side of my mouth. One of them was really bad. I think if it had been any worse they would have needed to do a root canal. Unfortunately that wasn't the last of it, though. I have to go back in this week and get some taken care of on the other side of my mouth. My teeth are now incredibly sensitive to hot and cold. I think I'm going to have to get me some of that toothpaste that is supposed to help with that. My mouth is still a little sore, also from all the work. Note to self: Make sure I take better care of my teeth. It's been nice to have insurance for this, though.
Well, here is to a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment