You know, it’s no fun when you get a nasty virus on your computer and have to take it in to someone to have them clean it off. It is also no fun when the place you take it to is kinda far away and since gasoline is so expensive you don’t travel that often and have to wait a while to pick up said computer and you go for over a week with no computer and no internet. It was an interesting week. I did, however get a lot of my carpets shampooed during that time.
So, in the last two weeks life has gone on with no internet and no computer. Really, it wasn’t that bad. I went through some withdrawals, but the kids were fine. We managed to get some potatoes planted in our garden. Robert and I got to go on a date out to dinner, just the two of us. Lindsey is done with school and we are all done with Story Time for the rest of the summer. There of course were a few more things. We had some really nice days where we got to work and play outside. Michael really loves our gravel pile that will some day be spread out over the driveway. He likes to dig in it and occasionally spread it out some more for us. The girls really like riding their bikes on nice days. I love that our driveway is long enough that they can ride around on the driveway and I don’t have to worry about cars.
The Kindergarten class always puts on a little presentation at the end of the school year. They usually do a couple of short plays and each of the students will do a little talent or something they have prepared. Lindsey got to be in two plays. She was a sheep in the first one. She had no lines, just crawled around on her hands and knees. In the second one she was Ducky Lucky from Henny Penny, or They Sky is Falling. For her talent she told a knock knock joke. I was so proud of her. She spoke her lines loudly and clearly. All year long we have worked on her speaking up and she did GREAT!
I know that more happened in the last two weeks, but honestly, I can’t remember anything more right now. It’s probably because I’m tired and need some sleep. School will be all finished this week and I am so excited to have my kids home and to be free to set my own schedule without worry about school!
1 comment:
I find it amazing how much time I spend online each day. I am so proud of you for using that time that your computer was broken to clean your carpets!
Post a Comment