Well, after my computer got that first virus I only had it back for less than a week before it picked up another, really nasty, one. This time I wasn’t so long without it, though. I made the extra trips to town to drop it off and pick it up. I also learned that the new virus I picked up was running around rampant and they were taking it off of 3-4 computers A DAY. I didn’t feel quite so bad, then. I did, however, update my anti-virus first thing once I got it back.
So, while the computer was down this time, I took a better look at the things I was doing during the day. I noticed more of the times that the computer took me away from other things that were also important, like my kids. We did more things together. Taylor wants to learn to crochet, so we took some time in the evening after dinner and before bed to learn and practice. Crochet is hard, but I know with practice and work she will have that hot pad made in not time. Lindsey requested that I teach her to make doll hats on the knitting loom. She LOVES it! She really caught on and has already finished 2 hats. They are supposed to be for her cousins dolls. I can see that I’m going to have to find something a little more challenging for her soon.
I spent a lot more time outside with the kids without the computer. I worked in the garden with them, or did other outside chores while they either helped or played, depending on the chore. It was a little easier having them in the kitchen to help me cook because I wasn’t so distracted that I would forget about what time it was and that I needed to fix a meal. We had fun cooking together.
The other day I really wish I had brought my camera outside with me. The kids were helping me plant our onions. I know it seems like I’m doing this a little late, but this morning I woke to frost on the windshield of my car. Spring just has not wanted to come! Anyway, I was digging a trench to put the onion sets in, and the kids were behind me putting the onions in. I gave Michael a stick that was about the length I wanted them spaced, and he would put one end at the onion set, and then put another onion at the other end. He did such a great job helping me! He did the white onions, with Rachel helping by handing him the onions. Taylor did the red onions. I wanted to treasure the picture of them having so much fun helping Mom.
After the onions we had a picnic outside on the lawn. I made wraps and raspberry lemonade and we sat on a blanket and ate our lunch. The kids were so happy and it was nice to see the joy that little things bring. I really wanted to take a nap out there on the blanket, but I knew I would get baked if I tried it. As it was, I could already feel a bit of a sunburn so I went inside for a while.
During free time they began gathering up wood to build a better bridge to Terabithia. If only they would work so hard at some of the things I ask them to do. They were so excited, though. I need to get some nails and see what we can come up with. We definitely need a better bridge. Michael fell in and got soaked. Luckily there isn’t a lot of water in that ditch, but it still worries me.
Yes, it was a beautiful day! I hope for many more of those this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment