I’ve not been good a blogging lately. I have a really good excuse for this last week, though, Robert finally came home again! I mean, when your husband has been gone for like 25 days straight then spending time with him is definitely more important than getting on the computer to blog. In case you are wondering where he was, he was in Southern Oregon killing blackberry vines. When he told me that I told him he was crazy, but I guess they are incredibly invasive over there in Oregon and will grow over a car in 6 months if the car isn’t moved before then. He was working for a power company spraying their substations. He had to have an escort with him at all times to tell him where he could and could not go so that he didn’t end up getting blown in the air by the electricity under the ground. It was fun stuff. He did get to go to the coast and he saw an amazing view of Mount Shasta, but it sure was good to get him home again.
We finally got our garden in. I began running out of room so we had to weed out some extra room for some of our plants. My dad got a great deal on some cabbage plants so he shared with me. He gave me 36 plants. I planted 24 of them and still have 12 to give to a neighbor. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with all that cabbage. I will probably learn to make sauerkraut and I’m thinking I will be making this recipe more than once. We should also have lots of tomatoes and peppers. Salsa here I come! I love fresh salsa. I am also planning on canning some spaghetti and pizza sauces.
Robert also did a lot of other things around the yard while he was home. He mowed the grass, did some weed eating and he took care of the chickens while he was here so I didn’t have to. It was so nice to have him take care of me during that time. I did try and get a few more things done while he was here, but I’m not really sure how much I accomplished because overall, I was busy spending time with him, when I could.
The girls and I also got some flowers planted. I sure hope that our little mound in the middle of our driveway produces some flowers for me. I have really missed having some pretty colors around the place. I’m trying, but it seems slow going for me. I’ve never really had a flower garden before, I remember mostly having vegetable gardens. I need to get those easy, low maintenance kinds of flowers and just let them go wild, I think, if I can get them planted without killing them first.
Taylor and Lindsey did get some sewing lessons this last week from their Grandma Newey. We went over for the day because some cousins were up and the kids wanted to play. Well, Grandma was just finishing up teaching Rylee, who is 8, how to make a doll blanket. She asked my girls if they also wanted to learn to make one. Taylor was first. We picked out some material and I cut it into squares for a 9 Patch little blanket. Taylor did the sewing and pressing herself with very little help. While she was sewing, Lindsey and I picked out some material for her and we got it cut. She started sewing, but we ran out of time, so she will have to go over later this week so she can finish her blanket. I remember my Grandma Harmon teaching me to sew. I think it’s neat that their Grandma is teaching them. I will have to post pictures of their blankets after Lindsey gets hers finished.
Last week I had a top tooth that began aching really badly. It was so bad, in fact, that my ear ached also. Today I went to the dentist and he pulled it. I had a tooth on the opposite side of my mouth, but same position, pulled a few years ago when I was in high school and my teeth all shifted to fill the gap, my teeth are pretty crowded. I am hoping the same thing will happen with this one, too, but even if it doesn’t I’m okay with a space in my mouth. I have had a lot of problems with that tooth. So now, I have a gap in my mouth that I have to be careful not to jam things into. I hope that it heals soon and I really hope that my teeth shift to close that gap. Hey, even if it doesn’t happen, I can still hope, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment