Monday, June 20, 2011

Swimming Lessons, and a Trip

The last two weeks have been very full it seems like with swimming lessons and life.  Swimming lessons ended on Friday, though.  All of the kids passed their level.  So, Michael is now in Level 2 and Taylor and Lindsey advance to Level 3. P5150279

I must admit, I wasn’t sure that would happen.  When Lindsey first started lessons she did not like putting her face in the water.  They would have the kids do front floats and she would stretch out and then immediately put her feet back down and stand up.  It’s amazing the progress that can be made in two weeks to bring her to where she is now.  Taylor was just like a little fish.  She kept telling us how she could glide so far and turn somersaults in the water.  The thing that her instructor told us she needs to work on is her front stroke when she swims.  The biggest surprise was Michael, though.  P5150276In case you didn’t know, Michael is a very modest child.  He told me that he didn’t want anyone to see his stomach when he was swimming.  I guess I need to get him one of those swimming shirts.  There was one day that I completely hid because if he saw me he would start screaming to get out, but if I hid then he was fine.  However, by the last day he was fine in the water and participating with everyone else.  He can touch in the 3 feet, barely.  Swimming lessons was fun for all and I’m glad that we do them.

After swimming lessons were over on Friday we headed down to Utah.  My nephew was having a birthday party on Saturday and I didn’t want to be driving down and back in the same day, so we went down a day early and got to spend time with Aunt Nicki.  The kids were super excited to see her.  We had a picnic dinner at the Ogden Union Station.  It was so much fun that it deserves it’s own post.

On Saturday we headed up to Smithfield for the birthday party.  My brother moved to Houston, Texas about 3 years ago so we don’t see him as often as we would like.  It was so much fun to go down and see him.  They were up for a baby blessing and threw my nephew’s party too.  All of my brother’s and sisters were able to come.  We were only missing the two brother-in-laws.  It was great to have so much family all come together.  My nephew loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so my mom and sister made him a club house cake.P5190338 The kids played some games, including Simon Says and Duck, Duck, Goose.  Simon Says make a silly face:P5190334 They also had a lot of fun jumping on the trampoline and riding around in a little car.  All of the kids also got little gift bags with bubbles, a small frisbee, and a party blower thingy.  The bubbles were great fun!  I did have to make a rule not to blow them in the van, though. I ended up going the long way home, but that was okay because then I met up with my parents and we got to have dinner with an aunt and uncle in McCammon.  I also got my brother to fix my headlight while I was at it.  I am so thankful for good family.

Sunday was Father’s Day.  Unfortunately, Robert’s job took him away for Father’s Day, but the kids got to sing to him on the phone.  I got my second opportunity to play in Sacrament meeting for the Primary kids.  I did okay, only a few missed notes and such, but I did it and I’m getting better.  I was having some problems seeing, my allergies are making my eyes itch and water.  The kids did great, though!

After church we went over to my wonderful in-laws house.  My brother-in-law and his family came up and we had a wonderful dinner and the kids played together.  The coming week is a busy one for the family, there are 5 birthdays on Robert’s side and 4 on my side, plus one good friend I consider family.  So, this party was a mini combined Father’s Day, birthday get together for two of those birthdays.  Of course, we have decided that almost any small reason is a good one for family to get together, and I love it!

I’m really hoping the weather is nicer this week so that we can get some work done outside.  We need to work on the garden and pull some weeds, get the lawn mowed, plant some flowers, and just get out and have a good time. 

1 comment:

Countrylivn' said...

The cake turned out AWESOME! sounds like a fun trip!