Our little pug, Kami, got pregnant unexpectedly. We thought we watched her pretty closely while she was in heat, but I guess not close enough. We were pretty worried because the daddy is half Golden Shepherd, half Rottweiler. She was HUGE! After a really long night and some difficult deliveries, we ended up taking her to the vet where she had a c-section. They also spayed her while they were at it. Out of 6 puppies, only 3 made it. Honestly, I'm okay with the way it all went. Kami is bouncing back quickly and the puppies are cute and fat.
I don't have a really good picture of the black one yet. She is super cute with a little white stripe down the middle of her forehead. Now we need to find homes for these cute bundles of joy. We are really hoping that we can sell them. Mainly we would like to get enough for them to cover the cost of the c-section and their shots. My kids get so attached to these little guys, but there is no way that I want 3 more little ones around the house chewing on things, especially since I have no idea how big they will be!On a side note, we did get another dog. He is an 11 year old blue heeler named Pepper. A friend is getting married and moving and can't take her dogs. I wanted a big dog to help guard the place, preferable one that is house trained, so maybe it will stick around longer. Pepper is really good with the kids, and Rachel especially just loves him. I feel a lot better with him around, especially when Robert is gone overnight. The only thing we have to be careful of is that Pepper has cataracts and can't see very well, so he often trips on things. Another incentive to keep the house picked up, I guess.
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!! THOSE PUPPIES ARE ADORABLY CUTE!!!! I WANT A PUG!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOSH!!!! THOSE PUPPIES ARE ADORABLY CUTE!!!! I WANT A PUG!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment