So, the week didn't start out very well. I cut my finger Monday and went into shock. For anyone who is wondering, it's not an experience that I recommend. I'm still a little blown away by the fact that I actually went into shock. The cut really wasn't that bad, but it messed up most of my day. Maybe it was the fact that I cut it making breakfast, which meant that I didn't have any food in my stomach and so my body over-reacted. Nah, that would never happen.
 |
| my little cut |
Monday night we got to go and have family night in Carey. That was a lot of fun. The kids love getting together with their cousins, and I love not cooking. Plus, my brother is a pretty good cook.
Wednesday it snowed. It was nice to finally have my weeds all covered up. It was a pretty yucky day, though. Lots of wind.
On Thursday the kids got to play in the snow, and we got more snow. We were supposed to have piano lessons and scouts, but the road leading out to my house didn't get plowed until after both of those would have started. We ended up cancelling. I was fine with that, I didn't want to have to drive on the snowy roads. The kids had lots of fun sledding and building snow forts and stuff. They discovered that the sled worked pretty good, but after a while, it was more fun just to sled on their stomachs. Also, when the pond is empty, the sides of it make good sledding hills.
 |
| sledding into the pond |
On Friday, Michael cut Rachel's hair. I caught him with the scissors and he told me "Mom, I just wanted to cut something." I was not a happy mommy. Rachel had a couple of ponytails in and he cut one of them, along with some other, random, cuts on only one side of her head. I put him in his room and told him he had to stay there until I calmed down. I must have also told him he was never to use scissors again, ever, because his Primary teacher on Sunday told me that he told her he wasn't allowed to use scissors.
 |
| after the 1st hair cut, before the fix. |
 |
| the fix |
Saturday morning found me playing hairdresser. I cut Rachel's hair, and then I cut Michael's. I was going to give Robert a trim, but he was over at his parent's house. It seems that all of the snow that we got earlier in the week, combined with the rain we got Friday night, caused their basements to flood. He spent all morning over there helping to clean that up while the kids and I went to Bountiful Baskets. Then, when we got back, we got ready for the girl's party. Taylor and Lindsey invited a couple of friends over for crafts and a movie and dinner. We had some fun. The girls really enjoyed making their pizza pockets, I think. One of the moms stayed and it was nice to visit with her.
Sunday we went to Carey again and had dinner with my parents. One of our favorite things to do is have Grandma (my mom) play the piano while we all sing. I hope someday that we can do this in my home with me, or one of my kids, playing while the rest of us gather around and sing.
1 comment:
I didn't know your Mom played the piano. That's so cool! I love playing and singing around the piano. I miss doing that with my parents.
Post a Comment