Monday, January 9, 2012

Weddings and Puppies

This last week was pretty fun around here.  Monday we took it easy.  Monday night we had a game night with my family.  Two of my brothers and both of my sisters came and we played "Bang".  It was the game that my sister Katrina gave to Luke in our gift exchange.  It was pretty fun. Tuesday it was back to school.  The kids had still wanted to do some of their school over the break, so I let them, but now they got to do all of it again.  It felt good to get back into our routines.

Wednesday, Mark and Katrina came over to visit.  We had some really nice weather, so the kids and Mark went outside and played hide and seek for a while.  The kids sure love having him come and play with them.  We also took a short drive over to Grandpa's barn and went out onto his pond.  The pond is frozen solid, but it isn't smooth, so sliding around on it isn't that easy.  Still, Rachel managed to slip twice and after I held her the second time, she fell asleep in my arms.  We had to stop at Grandma and Grandpa's afterwards for Gossner's Milk.  Whitney is getting so big and it was fun to see all that she can do and to visit.

Thursday we had to take Robert some keys to his work, so we got to see his new office.  He has a plant in there, and a couple of framed certificates.  He could really use some more art or a family picture of something.  We also had piano lessons and scouts in the afternoon.

Friday, Taylor and I left for Utah.  I was going to a friend's wedding reception and I didn't want to go by myself, so I had Taylor come with me.  It was fun to get a little one on one time with her.  We were staying the night at my sister-in-law's house.  Taylor stayed there playing with her cousins  While I got to go to the Provo temple, and then the reception.  Taylor got even more excited when she found out that her other girl cousin was going to be coming over while her parents went on a date.  Robert and the other kids stayed home to watch the dogs and pick up our Bountiful Basket.  The reception was fun.  I got to visit with some friends I haven't seen in a few years.

I don't think I mentioned the dogs we are watching.  A friend in town was in serious car accident two weeks ago.  She has a couple of dogs that need taken care of.  A couple of the dogs are being boarded at a shelter, but one of the dogs was a mom with 3 puppies and the shelter didn't want the puppies because they don't have their vaccines yet.  So, we are watching them.  They are chihuahuas.  My kids are in love.  The puppies are so cute.  I don't know how long they will be staying with us, until their owners are feeling better and able to come home, probably.  In the meantime, we don't mind having them, except when I need the kids to do something and they are too busy playing with the puppies to listen to me.

On Saturday I woke up to 2" of snow.  I had a short moment of panic wondering what the freeway was going to be like going home.  Luckily, the snow stopped and when we left after lunch we had no problems with the roads.  For Christmas we had gotten books 3 and 4 of the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites series and we took those along with us.  Taylor and I finished book 3 and got part way through book 4.  Listen to books during drives has been a favorite for our family.

On Sunday, Robert got a new calling at church.  He was the assistant clerk over finances, but the released him from that and asked him to be the Ward Clerk.  I just got used to having him home on Sunday mornings, but I did say I would support him, so it looks like I will be getting the kids ready again.  Hopefully I can still be in the choir, but we also practice before church, and Sunday when the kids were supposed to be sitting reading books while I practiced with the choir, well, they didn't sit so well.  So, I'm not sure if that will work or not.

1 comment:

DeeAnna said...

Is that the bang with the outlaws and sheriff and all those funny characters? Cindi has it, we played over Christmas, very fun! It was fun having you here for a night! BTW, Seth is fine with no stiches, crazy kid.