Friday, July 11, 2008
Done Enough
We got the top of our deck finished! What an experience this has been. We were going to stain it so that you could see the grain of the wood, but as you can see, that didn't happen. We found two cans of sealant on sale as a mis-tint and even though we weren't crazy about the color we decided it was okay and would save us some money. We began sanding the deck and Robert started staining it. The color wasn't too bad, but it was getting late and so we quit. Later, I went back and began to work on it some more. I must have opened a different can than Robert because mine was thicker in texture. Apparently there two types of sealers, a stain and a paint. Well, we got one of each. So then I had to re-paint what Robert had stained so that it matched. On the plus side, I didn't have to worry so much about staining in a dirty spot. The color is a little more pink than was intended and someday we will re-do it a color we like better. For the time being, though, it is one project that is done enough and we can move on to the ever growing list of things we need to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment