Sunday, July 20, 2008

What a Week!

We have had so much fun this week. On Tuesday I got to go to the Humanitarian Center and volunteer with Colleen for about an hour. We assembled newborn kits with some other ladies from the ward and we got a whole pallet filled in about an hour. We were really booking along. It really was quite fun and it was nice to visit with some of the other ladies from the ward.
That night DeeAnna and her family came to Richfield to visit for a few days. We didn't really see them until Wednesday when the kids came to play at our house while DeeAnna and Mom froze and jammed strawberries. My kids just loved having their cousins over to play with them. That evening everyone came over to our house for dinner and the kids had fun playing outside.
On Thursday we spent some more time playing with cousins, this time at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and then Friday was a really neat day. I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Twin Falls Temple Open House. I spent the first part of the morning working in the Hosting Center serving cookies. That was really fun for me because I got to see some people that I hadn't seen in a while. Then, I went over to the Temple and was an usher. I was near the baptismal font and in the foyer area. My children got to spend a fun day at their Uncle Chad's house playing with their cousins there. Then, they stayed at their Aunt Katrina's house and went to the drive-in with her and Uncle Mark. They saw Wall-E. Lindsey stayed awake for the whole thing and kept asking questions, but Taylor fell asleep before not too long into the movie. Michael stayed with me.

Saturday morning was spent doing a little bit around the yard. Robert got out the rototiller and got a little bit of the yard tilled. Unfortunately it was too hard and when we watered it to get it soft, it was too wet. I think by tomorrow it will be perfect. Saturday morning Michael also got to go out on the tractor with Grandpa Newey to got change water. He sure does love spending time with his grandpa.

Then, Saturday afternoon we went through the temple as a family. Taylor had the brochure that they give you at the beginning of the tour and each time we would come to one of the rooms pictured in the brochure she would open it up and point to that picture. She said the best part of her day was going to the temple. Lindsey was carried through the temple by her Aunt Nikki or her Aunt Melissa, whichever one was least tired at the time. She said her legs were asleep, but she really loved the temple also.
That evening my nephew Jonathan was celebrating his first birthday. We went over for cake and ice cream. This past year has gone by so quickly. He is so cute, though. He is a little bit bigger than Michael, but give them a few years and maybe Michael can catch up a little bit. I think, though, that Jonathan will be built like a football player and Michael will probably be smaller. They are going to be such good friends as they get older, and their cousin Tayce will probably join in in a few years also. We will have to watch out for them.

No comments: