We had such a nice Christmas. On Sunday we all went to church in Carey with my parents. All of us were there except my brother who is on a mission in Argentina. The Sun Valley Carolers did a sacrament presentation and it was amazing! Michael really loved it. When they had speaking parts, he would play, but as soon as they started singing or playing their bells, he would stop and watch in rapt attention. It was so cute. After church we went to my parents house for dinner and presents. The kids had a lot of fun. My brother called from Argentina so in a sense, all of us were there at least in spirit. After presents we played Mad Gab, that was fun. We managed to play a game without a super competitive spirit to ruin it, just fun. In the evening we made sugar cookies, at least Katrina, Rebekah, and the girls did. The rest of us enjoyed the fruits of their labors.
Christmas Eve we got together with the Newey's. The kids all got to go sledding behind the tractor and they looked like they had a blast! Michael didn't go, he thought he should be driving the tractor, not riding on a sled behind it. For dinner we had ebbilskivers (sp?) which are like pancake balls with fruit inside them. Super yummy! With sausages and fresh fruit. Then we started on the gift exchange, but we had a surprise visitor, Santa! He stopped by for a few minutes before going out to deliver presents and he reminded the kids to be good and go to bed early. Lindsey seemed to think that it looked like her Grandpa Eddie dressed in a Santa suit. I guess Grandpa looks a lot like Santa then. We didn't stay up too late that night. The Twin Falls family had to get back and it was snowing, plus Robert was going to have to go up and plow.
Robert left about 1 a.m. to go plow snow. I woke up early since I seem to have a touch of insomnia with this baby, and made sure the kids didn't get into the living room before Daddy got home. Instead we watched movies in the family room and I brought them waffles and scrambled eggs and they got to eat in there too, something I don't let them do that often. Robert didn't get home until almost noon. Once he did, though, the kids were all over seeing what Santa had brought them. Taylor told me that it was a really good Christmas Day. She also told me that Christmas wasn't just about having fun, it was about Jesus being born. I love it when you know those little lesson you hope to teach are being caught.
All in all, we had a wonderful holiday surrounded by lots of love and family. We still haven't gotten to see some of our cousins, but hopefully this weekend. The snow was pretty, but it did slow some things down for us. I know that we have lots more fun planned for this Christmas Break and I can't wait to get to it. I hope all of you had a wonderful time also.
3 comments:
Merry Christmas Newey's. I'm glad you had a great day!
Hey Tasha! It sounds like you've had quite the Christmas festivities!! One day I'm gonna experience an Idaho Christmas. I love the sledding part!! How is your family? I sure do miss your Mom. Please tell her I said hello!! By the way, thank you for your compliment (from my blog comments. I'm grateful to have friends like you to notice that in me. I feel truly blessed to have you in my life [again])
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment