This past year has been an eventful one for our family. We moved into our house right before Christmas last year so much of the year was spent making our house our own. We put a deck on the back, planted a few more fruit trees in the orchard, and did a little bit of landscaping, although not as much as we planned on. I learned a lot about asparagus, including that Robert can grill it and make it taste AMAZING! I also learned more about the reasons for spraying fruit trees and to make that a priority for next year. Robert even got a spot dug for us to have a pond. Inside the house not too much was done. We put floor to ceiling bookshelves in the family room and a few pictures on the walls, but what I still really want to do is paint. I will get around to that eventually, though.
Taylor started school this year. She loves it. She has the same teacher for kindergarten that Robert had and thinks that is pretty neat. Lately she has started reading scriptures with us. She usually will read one or two verses herself with us only coaching when necessary. She is really doing well.
Lindsey finally decided to talk in nursery. We have been going to church here for over a year and in that time she said hi to her teacher once, but nothing else. Then, two weeks ago she just started talking like she'd been doing it forever. She talks everywhere else, so I guess nursery was the next step. A lot of the teachers thought she was one of the younger kids in there, but I think she is the oldest, she will be 4 in February.
Michael has also decided he likes nursery now. He talks up a storm everywhere, if we only understood more of what he is saying. He has learned a little bit of sign language and that helps a little bit, but he would rather use words and sometimes those aren't as clear. He is a bundle of energy and keeps us going.
Robert is still working in the landscaping industry. He is works with the irrigation department fixing people's sprinkler systems and making sure they get installed correctly. He was very busy this last summer, which is part of the reason not much got done around our place.
And Tasha, well, I've just been busy. We found out in July that we are expecting another baby. I am due in March about 10 days before Michael's birthday, so they will be almost 2 years apart. We do not know the gender of the baby as the umbilical cord was in the way, so everyone gets to be surprised. I tried having a garden this summer, but I was so sick that it didn't do very well. I am re-learning the ins and outs of living in the country and not having a grocery store within walking distance. I think I am getting better at this. I have also tried my hand at some new skills like making bread. It turned out okay and Robert would love for me to practice some more, mostly so he can eat it.
All in all, this past year has been a good one. We have been richly blessed in so many ways. I hope the holidays are merry for all and the coming year brings lots of happiness and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment