First I thought I'd missed the memo that they were going to be moving cows. Then I thought that they cows were already all gone off the place. I called Robert and he told me there shouldn't be cows around and could I spot anyone on horses driving them, I couldn't. Next I called David to see if he knew any more and he told me they were the neighbors cows who had crossed the fence and he would try to get ahold of someone to come and get them. In the meantime, I needed to get the cows out of the yard and get the fence closed. David said he would be right up to help me with that.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Cows in the Yard
The other day I looked out our sliding door and this is what I saw. Cows coming into the yard. Lindsey was very concerned that they were going to knock over her swing set. 
First I thought I'd missed the memo that they were going to be moving cows. Then I thought that they cows were already all gone off the place. I called Robert and he told me there shouldn't be cows around and could I spot anyone on horses driving them, I couldn't. Next I called David to see if he knew any more and he told me they were the neighbors cows who had crossed the fence and he would try to get ahold of someone to come and get them. In the meantime, I needed to get the cows out of the yard and get the fence closed. David said he would be right up to help me with that.
I went to get my coat on to see if I could possible help and when I stepped outside the cows were already going to the other side of the fence and soon I spotted the reason why, Flower. She just might make a cow dog yet, only she gets a little too excited to be chasing cows sometimes.
First I thought I'd missed the memo that they were going to be moving cows. Then I thought that they cows were already all gone off the place. I called Robert and he told me there shouldn't be cows around and could I spot anyone on horses driving them, I couldn't. Next I called David to see if he knew any more and he told me they were the neighbors cows who had crossed the fence and he would try to get ahold of someone to come and get them. In the meantime, I needed to get the cows out of the yard and get the fence closed. David said he would be right up to help me with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Tee-hee-hee! I have so many memories of someone looking out the window and yelling "The cows are out!" Mom always had to put up with deep hoof prints in our grass because the cows got out right after we planted grass. I guess that's one thing I won't have to worry about in Spanish Fork! Yeah for Flower, Prince always seemed to chase them the wrong way, and Rusty would just try to hide in the house...we had great dogs!
When I was younger my grandpa lived on a farm. One night my little brother started yelling, "There are big dogs in the yard." It was actually the cattle who had escaped from the corral. It was so dark that my brother couldn't tell they were cows. My mom and grandpa spent about an hour out there trying to wrangle them back into the corral.
That's great. Way to go Flower. I love it.
Awesome-your dog knows when it's not a pregnant woman's work!
haha that is our life all the time get use to the country life haha
Post a Comment