Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

Boy the kids sure had fun. To start off with, some friends and their kids all came over to make fun treats. I was making suckers and another mom was making pumpkin rolls. Both are for a 6th grade bake sale to help them earn money for a trip to Yellowstone. We had every inch of space in my kitchen in use, the island, the table, and the counters. The kids played and had a good time while the moms baked and talked and had a good time.

After the baking we ate a quick dinner and got ready to go trick-or-treating. Robert wasn't back early so I asked a friend to help me out since I don't know all the good places to go yet. The kids made a haul! They got homemade caramel popcorn, sunny-D, and tons and tons of candy. Plus small containers of play-dough, noisemakers, and glow sticks. I love living in a small town. You can get homemade treats and you know that they are safe because you know your neighbors. Plus the kids would go to a house and instead of getting one or two pieces of candy, they got one or two handfuls of candy. That meant that we didn't have to go very far before their sacks were full and they were ready to go home. Next year, though, I think I will send Robert with the kids and I will stay home with the baby. Maybe I will make some homemade suckers in case anyone does dare to brave it out to my house for some treats.

6 comments:

Gallup Family said...

I absolutely love Michael's little costume. It's adorable. The two girls are cute too. It is nice to live in a small town isn't it :)

Anonymous said...

I just want to start off my saying "Thanks" for posting that about the 6th grade and their fundraiser. And thanks for being a great friend to me Tasha. Just member yer "FABULOUS!" and I love ya to death.

~*The Brauburger Chocolate Clan & Polly Pug*~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~*The Brauburger Chocolate Clan & Polly Pug*~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~*The Brauburger Chocolate Clan & Polly Pug*~ said...

I just want to start off my saying "Thanks" for posting that about the 6th grade and their fundraiser. And thanks for being a great friend and letting me cause CAUOS in your kitchen. Only friends let friends make big messes in each other's kitchen!!!!And just member yer "FABULOUS!" and I love ya to death.

~*The Brauburger Chocolate Clan & Polly Pug*~ said...

And yer very welcome!! Glad the kids had a blast trick or treating with us. Now you know where more people live right??