Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More Messes

I'm sure all of you will remember the glue incident that I told you about a few months ago, well I have more to share. Yesterday Lindsey got into my craft room and got a tube of pink acrylic paint and decided to paint some doors. She also spilled on my craft room floor. After spending some time in time-out and getting a talking to I figured she had learned her lesson, wrong. Today she told me she didn't want lunch and left the table. I figured she went to play dress-up like she was doing earlier....wrong again. After Michael finished eating and I was cleaning up he came out with a bottle of blue paint. Now I know that he doesn't usually go into my craft room, so I went down the hall and the door was open, Lindsey was inside with more paint. She had taken about 6 different colors and poured them all into a puddle on my cutting mat. It didn't stay there, though, it also dripped onto the floor. A magic eraser got it off the mat and my desk. We will try soapy water on the carpet. Lindsey is once again on time-out and I know that someday I will be able to laugh about all of this.........someday.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

At least you're optimistic about it-I don't think I'd think about how it'll all be funny one day!

Good grief--store everything high, high-or better yet put a lock on that door. Our office has a lock and our kids have to ask permission to go inside!

Dena said...

My goodness! Kids are amazing aren't they? You would think that they would learn the first time. But I am glad that you are so patient and are looking forward to the day when you can laugh about this.

Anonymous said...

Rose said...

Wow, you know, I could so easily see that happening in our house. Actually, similar things HAVE happened in my house hahaha. On my craft room as well as my bedroom I have baby-proofers on the doorknobs now. Anywhere you can get baby proof stuff (target, walmart, babys r us, etc.) you can get door knob covers, super cheap and hard for kids to manipulate. you have to push two button and twist the door knob at the same time to open the door. Helps us a lot ;)

DeeAnna said...

Oh, Tasha, I'm sorry! Kids, love'em, love'em, love'em...just keep repeating that. Sometimes that's how I get through the day. And the fact that my craft room/guest room/storagege room has a door that's really sticky so Joseph can't get in. Too much paint on the inside of the door frame isn't a mistake, it's a (kid)lifesaver.

GatesGang said...

oh my goodness you have so much fun with your kids. i know your mom loves telling me the stories and just laughs. so glad its you hahaha